In our kitchen table conversation with Vicki Higgins, we learned about her 5-step process for resetting your life. Steps 2 (Find the gold in your challenges) and 3 (Design your dream life) really hit home with us in this conversation. Here are some of the nuggets that meant a lot to us.
Hear the podcast:
Watch the video:
Find this video HERE on YouTube!
In this episode:
Similarly to our conversation with Sonya Ramsey, Vicki encourages people to follow their inner voice, or inner guide. She calls it “following your inner GPS”. This is a critical first step to recognizing that it may be time to reset your life.
- Foundation – like values clarifiation.
- Find the gold in your challenges
- Design your dream life (with the 8 Fs)
- Create your strategy – figure out what you’re going to do and how you’re going to do it
- Action steps – do it!
Then we went more deeply into the 8 Fs that help you create your dream life:
- Friends – The 5 people with whom you hang out the most will have a tremendous impact on you! Hang out with people who will help you raise your life to another level. So choose your friends carefully.
- Fitness/health – Give yourself permission to take care of yourself. Reframe “fitness” as anything you love to do that gets you moving!
- Fun – We all want to have fun, but who makes time for it?? Make sure you schedule time for it.
- Firm/career – FIND a way to love it! Or else find a way out. 😉 Instead of saying, “I have to…”, reframe and say, “I get to do this” or “I choose to do this”. Remember to find ways to serve, wherever you work. Wouldn’t it be great if we ALL went above and beyond??
- Finances/contribution – The more you give away, the more you receive. Remember that your subconscious doesn’t know grammar, so when you say, “I need to get out of debt” all it hears is “DEBT”! So reframe and say something like, “I am moving toward abundance and financial generosity.”
- Feelings – Acknowledge them, but don’t let them become too big a piece of the pie. Don’t forget to be patient with yourself!
Finally, we talked about finding the gold in your challenges. Vicki is an INCREDIBLE person, who has been able to weave gold out of very painful experiences. It is the opposite of wallowing in victim mentality. We all have something that makes us feel hurt, dented, or wounded; peel back the onion and see what treasure you can find inside.
Join our conversation!
What part of your life – which of the 8 Fs – needs a little more attention right now? Do you have a challenge that you can mine for gold? Please share in the comments below!
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Vicki is available for business and life coaching. She pointed out that many times high-level people come to her for business coaching, and end up dealing with all the rest of their lives too! You can find Vicki at VickiHiggins.com.
Vicki’s book, to which she is a contributing author, is No Mistakes; How you can change adversity into abundance.
Please share this post with your family and friends! Thanks!